Friday, July 10, 2015

Fourth of July in Taiwan


I've celebrated nearly every Fourth of July at my family's lake house in Cedar Creek, Nebraska but this year's was certainly one to remember. I spent this Fourth of July site-seeing in Anping 安平 District in Tainan. We visited the Anping Tree House and the Anping Old Fort and learned about each place's unique history. The area also had a great outdoor shopping area where I made my smartest purchase yet, a fan! We also had the amazing opportunity of riding a boat across a lagoon to get to a beautiful secluded beach with the warmest water I've ever felt (including Hawaii!). It was a very long day but the whole cultural excursion was well worth it!

Driving in the beautiful Anping countryside


Anping 安平 Tree House




Walking around the street market in Anping



Lagoon Adventures

 







Jingzaijiao Tile-Paved Salt Fields

 














No comments:

Post a Comment